Need answers or support? Call 866-228-4673
- Medical Directors
- Board of Directors
- Contact Us
- Meet Your Sponsors
- Social Work Support Services
- Jenna's Corner Online Community
- Family 2 Family
- Loss, Grief and Bereavement Program
Quotes from Bereaved Families
The following statements and quotes were submitted by parents, caregivers and siblings who have lost a loved one to a brain tumor.
From one parent to another…
- Remember that everyone grieves differently and at their own pace. Try to respect the process of grief and ask for the help you need. It is the only way to survive losing your child.
- Grieve at your own pace and face the loss of your child. Do not shy away from the loss, it cannot be minimized. It is the continuation of the journey of grief which never ends.
- “Each day is one day closer to the time when we'll be reunited with our child.”
- "If you are going through hell, keep going." - Winston Churchill
- “You go - We go!”
-Quote from "Backdraft" my son Danny's favorite movie.
- “Sorry for your temporary separation.”
- "I'm sorry for the reason we are here, but I'm glad we found each other."
-A statement said at the beginning of our support group...
- Right after my son died, I was holding him and I said to my wife: "We're never going to get over this. We just have to learn to live with it." I don't know how I knew that but it has been a touchstone for my grieving process.
Also, when we knew Jacob was going to die, I decided that we needed to treat him like our little guest. When you have a guest, you share the best of everything with them and make life a little bit of a fantasy for them. So that's what we did for Jacob and it helped us get through the final months of his life.
- I know that the next time I see my son it will be for eternity, and when that time comes I will never have to let him go again. During this short time here on earth I will try to be the best person that I can possibly be because that is what he would want. My family has lost a beautiful little boy and they do not need to lose me to depression, I will be the best person that I can be while I am here on earth for Luke.
- My sister would say "I am your heart" "Don't be sad, be happy"
If you would like to share a quote regarding your experience with bereavement, or a quote you found helpful and comforting, please email email@example.com. Your quote can be anonymous.