- Find Connections & Support
- Support Us
- Events & Activities
- Social Work Support Services
- Jenna's Corner Online Community
- Family 2 Family
- Loss, Grief and Bereavement Program
Most recently updated on April 10, 2013
Optic pathway tumors involve the optic nerve, which sends messages from the eye to the brain. They are usually slow growing. The visual pathway and/or hypothalmus are often affected.
- Problems with vision
- Hormonal Issues
Patients are evaluation based on age, extent of visual loss and the location of the tumor to decide treatment protocol. Options may include surgery, radiation and/or chemotherapy. In patients who are asymptomatic and have smaller tumors, careful observations may be considered.
- Related Topics
- Brain Tumor Facts and Glossary
- Research News and Reports
- CBTF Publications