- Social Work Support Services
- Jenna's Corner Online Community
- Family 2 Family
- Loss, Grief and Bereavement Program
Most recently updated on April 10, 2013
The choroid plexus is located within the ventricles of the brain and produces cerebral spinal fluid. A choroid plexus tumor arises in this location of the brain. They account for approximately 1-3% of pediatric brain tumors and are most common in infants.
- Choroid plexus papilloma: a non-malignant form of a choroid plexus tumor which grows slowly within the ventricles.
- Choroid plexus carcinoma: a malignant form of the choroid plexus tumor which commonly grows in the lateral ventricles.
Surgery is a common treatment option and if the tumor is malignant, chemotherapy and/or radiation therapy.
- Related Topics
- Brain Tumor Facts and Glossary
- Research News and Reports
- CBTF Publications