Need answers or support?  Call 866-228-4673

Introduction and Upcoming Family Camps

No replies
Wade
Introduction and Upcoming Family Camps
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to write here in the group and introduce myself to you.  My name is Wade Iwata and I am the new social worker here.  I am very excited to join CBTF and work with all of you.  As I continue to acclimate to my new surroundings, one of the things I will be taking on is the Parents and Caregivers online group; therefore you will be seeing a lot more of me!  Just some background for all of you...I come to CBTF after spending roughly 6 years at an organization working with people affected by cancer.  During five and a half of those years, I ran online groups for patients, parents, and caregivers.  I am excited to bring those experiences here to CBTF and I look forward to getting to know more about all of you.  It is my hope that this program can become an active support for each of you and that we can continue to grow the group population and the group participation.  I would love to hear about your experiences with the online groups here and any suggestions, frustrations, or compliments are always welcome.  

Next I also wanted to inform you of our two upcoming family camps this summer.  Our first family camp will be held in Wisconsin; we are still finalizing the dates at this time with our partner organization, Children's Oncology Services, INC., and once I have those I will let you know.  This camp will be accepting applications from residents of Michigan, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, and Wisconsin only.  Our second family session camp will be held at a new facility to CBTF this year.  We are excited to partner with Happiness is Camping in Hardwick, New Jersey.  This camp will run from August 28th through September 1st, 2011.  For more information on both of these camps, please contact me at 866.228.4673 or wiwata@cbtf.org.  

Once again, I look forward to working with each of you and to creating a safe and supportive space for all of us.  

Take care, 
Wade 

©2009 Children's Brain Tumor Foundation.    1460 Broadway, New York, NY 10036    (866) 228-4673    info@cbtf.org

Privacy Policy   |   Site Map

X