- Find Connections & Support
- Support Us
- Events & Activities
- Social Work Support Services
- Jenna's Corner Online Community
- Family 2 Family
- Loss, Grief and Bereavement Program
The loss of a child is a devastating experience for parents, family members and friends. It does not follow the expected course of life. The process of grief differs from person to person. For many it is long and painful, and it causes some to feel alone and forgotten by others who go on with their lives.
Bereavement Phone Counseling and Support
Family-to-Family Network for Bereaved Families
Through our Family-to-Family Program (F2F), we are able to connect bereaved parent mentors to bereaved parents looking for peer support. We would also like to connect bereaved grandparents and bereaved siblings. Mentors receive training and are available to support others through phone, email, or in-person.
If you would like to become a parent mentor for bereaved parents or meet a parent mentor, please call us at 866-228-4673 or email email@example.com
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about dates and times of upcoming phone trainings.
“As a mentor, I appreciated the opportunity to reach out to other parents who have experienced the greatest possible loss, lend them an understanding ear, share my story, and offer hope that they will get through and be able to one day live productively, and feel joy again.”
CBTF Bereavement Support Groups
CBTF can help you locate a support group in your area. You can also find a large list of grief organizations that provide support groups at the bottom of this page. Contact email@example.com
Jenna's Corner Online Community Groups
Jenna's Corner, CBTF's private online community, offers live chat room discussions for bereaved parents and caregivers. Discussions are co-facilitated by CBTF clinical social workers and bereaved parent mentors. CBTF occasionallly offers grief topic-based discussions facilitated by grief professionals. To join Jenna's Corner you can visit www.cbtf.org/registration and mark interest in bereavement programming when completing your profile. Once you join, you will receive email notifications about upcoming groups. For more information, call CBTF or email firstname.lastname@example.org
CBTF Private Facebook Community for Bereaved Parents and Caregivers
Experiences and Quotes from Bereaved Families
We are open to planning social gatherings for bereaved families to give them the opportunity to connect to others. If you live in the NYC, CT or NJ area, or if you live near Phoenix, AZ and would be interested in attending a social event, please inform us by emailing email@example.com If you live elsewhere but want to attend social gatherings or events, email us or call, and we will assit you in locating resources that may be available to you. Information on any upcoming events for bereaved families will be posted here.
Share Your Suggestions
CBTF Information and Resources
- CBTF Resource Guide: Loss, Grief and Bereavement Chapter
- Books on Loss, Grief and Bereavement
- Financial Aid for Bereaved Families http://www.cbtf.org/learn/financial-assistance-bereaved
- End-of-Life and Palliative Care Resources http://www.cbtf.org/learn/end-of-life-resources
- Bereavement Support Groups, Programs and Resources http://www.cbtf.org/learn/bereavement-resources
- For additional information on locating support groups, programs and resources, please email Jessica Elder at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can provide you with more information unique to your needs, not available on this website