- Social Work Support Services
- Jenna's Corner Online Community
- Family 2 Family
- Loss, Grief and Bereavement Program
HOW TO HELP OUR GRIEVING CHILDREN: NEW ONLINE DISCUSSIONS FOR BEREAVED CHILDREN
Bereaved parents who are interested in discussing child, teen and sibling grief can now log in to Jenna's Corner, CBTF's Online Community, to participate in online message board discussions facilitated by Jessica Elder from CBTF and Emilio Parga, child grief professional, from The Solace Tree. Log in at www.cbtf.org, or join Jenna's Corner at http://www.cbtf.org/registration to participate. Emilio is the founder of The Solace Tree, an organization for grieving children, teens and families. He is a child and teen grief professional who offers counseling, consulting and training. He specializes in peer support groups for grieving children, teens and adults. At this time, Emilio and I are facilitating the following two groups:
1. How to Help Our Grieving Children: Message Board Discussion available now, and 24 hours a day. So far, Emilio has addressed a parent's question regarding helping her children to keep the memory of her son alive. This parent wanted to know what she could do to help her children know the brother they don't remember, or never met. Another parent just posted a comment about the concerns she has around her older son's grieving, and wonders if his grieving is delayed. To see these discussions, log on to Jenna's Corner, click on the Bereaved Parents and Caregivers group, and enter the discussion "Helping our Grieving Children."
2. Live Online Chat Discussion on Child Grief with Emilio Parga, child grief professional from The Solace Tree, Laurie Burke, therapist and researcher from the Center for the Study of Loss and Transition, and Jessica Elder, LCSW from CBTF. This chat discussion will take place on Tuesday, May 17th at 8:30pm Eastern Standard Time. To participate, log in to Jenna's Corner, click on "chats," and click on the room called "Child and Teen Grief Discussion."
Please contact Jessica Elder with questions by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org